Nowadays kayak is associated not only with sports swimming and rowing but also with fishing. Kayak fishing is one of the sensational trends of this season. Fishing with the best fishing kayak has a number of advantages compared to fishing on an ordinary motorboat:
- You do not need registration – you do not need to register your best fishing kayak, get a driving license, have an inspection every year, pay a transportation tax, etc. You just buy a kayak and drive for your own pleasure.
- Best fishing kayak does not require a separate garage or parking. All kayaks, even the biggest ones, fit easily in an ordinary garage near your car. Kayaks can also be hung to the ceiling of the garage above the car.
- Accessibility and democracy. A good kayak costs less than the cheapest motorboat with a motor. It does not require the rental of a parking space, a trailer for transportation, a slipway for launching.
- Easy to transport – you can easily throw the kayak on the roof of the car and remove it from there without any outside help. All kayaks are easily attached to any car on luggage racks and can be easily removed by one person
- You can buy kayak fishing gear with no difficulties
- Accessibility of the most remote places of catching. On the kayak, you will squeeze into any cracks and will be able to land on rocks sticking out of the water.
- Silent running on water and high speed – which guarantees you that you will not scare away the fish.
- The best river fishing kayak or ocean kayak doesn’t drop – modern kayaks are made by the method of solid casting in such a way that their body forms a closed capsule, where water does not enter.
- Drainage system – all kayaks of the Sit-On-Top type (with a top landing) are equipped with a drainage system for draining water, which gets into the kayak. You do not need to worry that the kayak will collect water – it will immediately be drained through the drainage holes, which can be silenced if desired by plugs.
- Availability of rod fasteners – as a standard, best fishing kayaks have at least three special seats to secure your rods.
- The availability of sealed containers – modern fishing kayaks are often equipped with small hermetic containers and luggage chambers that are tightly closed and where you can put a mobile phone or valuables. There are also places for fixation and/or storage of boxes with baits, echo sounders, a compass, etc.
- Foot pedals – in any configuration kayaks are equipped with pedals (stops) to ensure that your feet find emphasis and rest. So you will not feel tired from prolonged sitting.
- A ruler for measuring the length of a fish is found on many, but not all kayak for fishing. As a rule, it is located on the kayak's body near the feet of the oarsman. Always close when you need to measure the caught fish.
- Paddle holders and large luggage compartments – best fishing kayaks are equipped with large luggage compartments, where you can put a large number of items necessary for fishing, such as a box with baits.
- Steering system and light anchor, the ability to install a fishfinder.
- Speaking generally, the best fishing kayak is a very convenient and functional device that will add vivid impressions and make the fishing process more comfortable.
We conducted a survey of the most popular types of kayaks and compiled top fishing kayaks for you to choose the one that suits you.
There a lot of kayak brands, you can choose your own type of this boat, but, before buying, you must learn the criteria for choosing.
Speaking about kinds of good fishing kayaks we can divide them into three groups: folding, hull, and inflatable.
Kayaks can be single: they are divided into species by the type of landing on the ship: sit-inside (SIK) and sit-on-top (SOK). The difference between Sit-in and Sit-ON-Top kayaks is the location of the center of the rower's weight. In kayaks with internal seating, the center of the rower's weight is below the water level or, at the maximum, at the water level. In kayaks with an upper landing, the center of weight is always above the water level. In addition, fishing kayaks can be double or more. We examined the most popular kinds of the best fishing kayaks and created our own fishing kayak reviews and top fishing kayaks for you to choose the most suitable for your situation.
Best Fishing Kayaks FAQs
Is Kayak Fishing Safe?
Yes, fishing with these kinds of vessels is absolutely safe. However, all depends on your experience. When choosing the best fishing kayak, pay attention to the models for new anglers. There are a lot of fishing kayak deals on the Internet, but you have to choose the best kayak brands and you will be totally safe.
Can You Take a Sit in Kayak In The Ocean?
Yes, you can. Nevertheless, in this case, you have to choose a well-tried variant of this vessel. It is more expensive, but reliable. Look the most popular fishing kayak reviews 2019.
What Are Must-Have Kayak Fishing Accessories?
Each best fishing kayak needs oars, pens for oars, a pump (for an inflatable kayak), an unloading mat, a mooring bollard, a fishing rod holder, a photographic equipment holder (if you like to take pictures), waterproof bags, a kayak apron, locks for accessories and so on.
It all depends on what comes with your kayak and your budget.