Types of Hunting Headlamps
The best headlamp for hunting is indispensable when it is necessary to have a directional light source, but hands must remain free at the same time. Therefore, to buy such a device is the first thing for hunters. So, it is worth considering the existing types of such devices. They are mostly classified by several criteria:
Levels of Illumination and Light Modes
- Most lanterns offer an intensive and energy-saving light mode. More advanced have 3 or more modes.
- Stroboscope mode acts as an emergency flashing signal. Several models even offer a choice of flashing speed: low and high.
- Based on led headlamp reviews, a dipped-beam is energy-saving standard mode used for most tasks, such as hunting along the trail at night.
- Mode for limited movement of the best headlamp for hunting. In fact, this is the average mode, there are on some models, in order to provide more options. They are designed for short distances.
- The maximum mode. The brightest headlamp for hunting is a good option for situations where you just need a lot of light.
- Heavy-duty mode can be found only on several models. This function of the most powerful headlamp allows you to project a super-strong beam for a short time – 10-20 seconds, when you want to highlight a remote object. Also it is helpful when you are really curious to find out the source of noise in neighboring bushes. Just remember that this mode provides a high battery consumption.
Presence of Additional Features
There are the best hunting headlights with constant light flux and red light mode.
Instead of gradually discharging when charging batteries, models with constant light flux provide a constant level of brightness throughout the life of the batteries. This is a positive and deservedly popular function. Unfortunately, when the batteries are discharged completely, the light suddenly goes out. This can happen at the most inconvenient moment, so it is better to have extra batteries at your fingertips.
The mode of red light is good for use at night in a tent, so as not to disturb the sleep of neighbors. Suitable for viewing wildlife or the night sky. Red light is used because it does not lead to the widening of the pupils of the human eye, so you do not lose night vision. More details are available in the best headlamp for hunting review above. Concerning the green headlamps for hunting, they are ideal for professionals.
Best Headlamp for Hunting Buying Guide - What to Look At?
When choosing the best headlamp for hunting, you need to decide with what goals you will use it. Pay attention to the following recommendations. They will help you choose the best variant.
Sometimes strong brightness of the best headlamp for hunting on the market is not an advantage. A powerful light flux will only blind you and will interfere with your actions. Therefore, it is better to buy a headlamp with several modes.
Strobe of the best and brightest headlamps can be used when riding a bicycle to ensure safe movement in the dark. SOS is great for extreme situations. Firefly allows you to save battery power and use the flashlight for a long time. It is also very convenient for hunting.
Quality of Light
Best headlamps for hunting can have Cold, Neutral and Warm light. The choice of shade depends only on your preferences. Choose a device, which has wide illumination and which illuminates large areas. In this case, the field of view will be less limited.
Quality of the Material
Quality LED lights are made of durable materials, such as aluminum. It protects the headlight from scratches and cracks after falling, jerks and various kinds of vibrations. In addition, as a rule, the best headlamps correspond to the highest standards of water resistance.
Size and Weight
The best head torch should be compact and light. This is important, because the lantern is attached to the head.
Safety and comfort of the best led headlamp depend on fastening. It fixes the device on the head and prevents slipping. The halter attachment consists of two belts, which provides a more reliable fixation: one belt bends around the head, and the second is attached through the first. Top rated headlamps should be fixed on the head and removed with ease. Moreover, one could find multi head lamp on the market.
The Best Headlamp for Hunting. Final Advice
Now it’s high time to sum it up and talk a bit more about the best headlamp for hunting 2019. Luxolite Waterproof Headlamp
deserves to be the best headlamp for hunting due to its amazing and useful features. It is one of the brightest hands-free devices available on the market today and will be ideal for any type of activities. It is very easy in use as only 2 buttons are responsible for the choice of the light you are going to use: white or red. Moreover, this best headlamp for hunting allows setting the level of brightness. Thanks to its small weight, it is nice to wear and doesn’t cause brain squeezing. What is also important, this best hunting headlamp is designed of top-quality materials and is absolutely waterproof.