Types of Best Tackle Boxes
The best fishing box is a convenient attribute of the angler, which allows you to make the process of fishing more comfortable and enjoyable due to the ability to get quick access to baits. The presence of shelves and various compartments of different size and volume make it possible to place and systematize the entire arsenal in the order that suits you best. But what are the main types of such products?
This is a durable and versatile option: you can store and transport fishing equipment, food, as well as use it as a seat. However, the box is quite large and heavy.
It is good if the tackle box has a window to put the fish in the compartment and not to lift the lid every time. An interesting option – the presence of bags for fish in the tackle box. They can be unfastened after fishing and wash.
Attention should be paid to the best material of the upholstery of the box – it should be a good heat insulator and waterproof. You can find boxes equipped with special wheels. In this case, transporting will be convenient.
Small Tackle Box
A small tackle box is used for storing and transporting small gear like fishing line, float accessories, lures and hooks. Unlike a previous model, this one has partitions – fixed or removable.
Differs in smaller dimensions, weight, and capacity. Tackle bags are less versatile since they will not work as a seat. Some bags are equipped with a plastic box that fits inside and allows you to transport the catch. Features of the best bag depend on its purpose:
- for bait – consists of the inner part, which can be pulled out, and an isolated main compartment;
- for small gear – has plastic boxes in which they are securely stored. In such a bag all small items will lie in their places, which is very convenient;
- for fishing clothes – has a mesh upper part that promotes the drying of clothes.
It is a device to protect the rod from external influences during storage and transportation. A high-quality case has several compartments for various tackles, and products of the highest class are equipped with the best suspension systems. They can also be of various types:
- soft – made of a thin material, such as polyester;
- semi-rigid – have seals and plastic edging, providing additional rigidity;
- hard – differ from previous ones by the presence of a plastic frame. Hardcovers reliably protect the rod, but they are expensive and not very easy to transport.
Best Tackle Box Buying Guide – What to Look At?
When choosing the best tackle box, you need to focus on the following main characteristics:
Size and Portability
The size of the fishing tackle box or bag should be such that it fits all the necessary equipment, including an echo sounder. In addition, the choice is determined by the type of fishing.
For float fishing: the fisherman sits in one place – a low and roomy box that provides the best position to observe the float is a good choice. It should be remembered that on the low box the blood circulation in the legs is worse, which can lead to their leaking and frostbite. When fishing on a lure you need to move a lot, so the best option would be a lighter and higher box, from which it is easier to get up. The capacity of such a box may be less.
The material of the fishing tackle box should be chosen thoroughly:
- Plastic is light and cheap material that can be given any shape and color. However, the plastic box is sensitive to high and low temperature, as well as mechanical stress.
- Metal is much stronger and more durable than plastic, but heavy and expensive. It should be remembered that in the cold wet clothes and hands stick to the metal box.
- Steel is the strongest and most durable, but heavy material.
- Aluminum is lighter than steel but inferior in strength to it: with active use, dents appear on such a box.
- The combined best material: the frame of the box is made of steel; the covering is made of aluminum. Such box combines durability and ease.
Fishing is considered to be an exciting, but meditative hobby. At the same time, it can turn into a dangerous adventure. That’s why it is recommended to give a preference to the durable model of the tackle box. It should be water-resistant and shouldn’t sink in the water when it gets there.
Ease of Use
The best tackle box should come with various compartments, and all of them should be easy to open. The matter is that different fish requires different lures and you should be able to change them quickly. You might have no time for consideration. So, the compartments should be transparent.
The Best Tackle Box. Final Advice
Now, when you know how to choose the best tackle box and what are the benefits of such devices, it’s high time to define, why Wild River Tackle Tek Nomad, LED Lighted Camo Backpack is the best tackle box 2019. First of all, it comes in the form of a backpack, which is very convenient for the angler. Also, this best tackle box has durable shoulder straps that are adjustable and very comfortable. It comes with 4 number 3500 trays to put inside. Front pocket can easily turn into the workspace. And finally, this best tackle box comes with integrated LED flashlight, so fishing at night is not a problem any longer. So, if you are looking for the best tackle box that would meet all of your expectations, this one is exactly what you need.